Swipe to the left
Our favourite pet facts
If you follow us on social media, you'll see we regularly post facts about pets that are either handy to know, or give us a bit of a laugh!
Here are 10 of our favourites...
- Cats are proud animals and spend around 30-50% of their whole day grooming themselves.
- The tallest dog EVER was measured 1.118m (which is 44 inches) tall!
- The cute little furry tufts on the inside on your kitty's ears are called 'ear furnishings'.
- You might think it's sweet when your pup curls up in a ball to take a nap, but he has a good reason for this - dogs curl up in a ball when they sleep to keep themselves warm and to protect their vital organs.
- Kitties conserve their energy by sleeping for a whopping 13-14 hours a day.
- Ever wondered why your dog loves the smell and taste of the smelliest foods? They have approximately 1,300 taste buds, which makes their sense of taste only one-sixth as powerful as ours...
- Felines can rotate their ears up to 180 degrees.
- Have you noticed that all dogs have wet noses? Ever wondered why? Having a wet nose aids their sense of smell.
- Pups dream just like us.
- Cats can't see directly under their nose.