Healthy Holiday Treat Recipe for Pets
DIY Winter Snowballs for Dogs
The festive season is upon us and what better way to spoil your dog this month than homemade treats, made with love.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded/desiccated coconut
- 1 cup oat flour/ rolled oats
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (make sure it does not contain Xylitol)
- A bowl of shredded coconut (to roll the treats in)
- Water as needed
- 1 tsp coconut oil (for greasing hands)
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Measuring Cups
- Pour all the ingredients into a mixing bowl. Add water as needed.
- Mix everything together with a spatula or in a food processor (optional) to form a dough. If the dough is runny, add more flour to get the right consistency.
- Grease your palms with coconut oil. Using a spoon, scoop some dough out and roll it in your palms to form a ball.
- Roll each ball in shredded coconut and cover them up. Refrigerate the rolled balls for 30 minutes so they set.
- Enjoy these tasty Winter Snowball treats.
Disclaimer: This recipe is intended as a treat or snack. If your pet has any health issues, or if you have any concerns, consult your pet's veterinarian before offering this food item.